Thursday, July 24, 2008

Avoiding Chinese Food :)


Not a grand pic of me but wanted to get the outside of it. My hair did not love the humidity ;)


So the Chinese food that I get here in Texas is much different than what they serve in China. After my two experiences with food in Beijing and Xian I was done trying the food there. Lets just say that for one of those meals I ended up eating white rice and three rolls. I at least tried the meat but when it was hard to chew and started tasting like fish I was done! Many of you know I hate seafood so I don't want my beef tasting like it. Well once back in Shanghai my parents took me to all their western (which means American) restaurants. There is one in particular that my dad seems to love. We ended up going there 3 times and I think all the people that work their know him. They all smile really big when he comes in the door. It might also mean that they get a nice tip since not many do that in China. Its called Johnny Moos and is like an old 50's diner. It was pretty good, tasted like a regular hamburger which was nice :)

No comments: