Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An Angel in Heaven

Those were the words spoken to me by my sweet niece that I will probably never forget. I thought I would share some thoughts about that day. Most of you probably know that our family suffered a loss a few months ago. For those that don't know my sister was about 21 weeks pregnant and she and the baby developed some major complications. She ended up having to deliver early and gave birth to a girl on Aug 10. Reagan Ryann lived just over an hour and then went to Heaven. It was a rough day for our family and also a scary one knowing that my sisters health was at stake. At one point my mom came out to the waiting room explaining all the things that were going wrong with my sis. I remember I started to panic and ran out of the room because I could barely breathe. I ended up in some hallway and just started asking God to heal her. He did answer our prayers and my sister started improving in the following days. I am so thankful for that. I am also thankful for all of you keeping her and our family in your prayers.

Now onto Reagan. I remember when my sis told me she was pregnant. I was in a store so didnt want to scream with excitement and scare others. I just have to say I love being an aunt, it is so awesome!!!. Brooklyn has brought so much joy to my life and I have loved spoiling her, so I was so looking forward to another niece. I did not meet Reagan before she passed away but I will always hold a special place for her in my heart. We don't always understand why God allows people to be taken from us but I know that He still loves us and has great things planned for us. One thing that has brought me incredible strength from all of this was Brooklyn. I am pretty sure she has been a strength for all the family! I never realized what strength a 3 yr old could provide you. She is the most precious girl and I am so thankful for her. She was told about all that was going on but of course in terms of a child. Before my sis went into the hospital my niece came up to me in the living room. She asked me if I knew who was dying. I just kind of looked at her with a puzzled face. She then said "Itty Bitty and she is going to heaven to be an angel." (she had nicknamed the baby Itty Bitty on her own) I just had to hug her and be amazed at the heart of a child. She has amazing faith and but yet so young. She reminded me at other times during the weekend about Itty Bitty being in heaven and how one day she would get to hold her. I think that weekend really reminded me why Jesus loved children and wanted us to be like them. Brooklyn is a precious gift to our family and I am so thankful to be her aunt!!

Sorry if all that was too depressing. I do have some happy news though. My sister is now going though the process of adopting from China. VERY EXCITING!!!!! I could maybe have another niece/nephew by this time next year :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and was sad to hear about the loss, but I have to agree with you on the children. What joy it is to be an aunt and to be loved unconditionally and to love someone like we've never loved before (those of us like Rachel without children of our own)...to know that kind of love is a gift from God. I'm glad God has blessed your life with Brooklyn and possibly a new member soon. Becky will be in my prayers.

Amber said...

Yes, thank you for sharing. So many things that we don't understand. I just said a prayer for you and for your family.

Mel said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about this. You and your family are in my prayers.